STUDY IN AN AMAZING BUILDING WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART, INDUSTRY STANDARD FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
Our state-of-the-art facilities include:
- The Smith & Nephew Conference Centre which can accommodate more than two hundred delegates and is equipped with conference-ready audio visual facilities. As well as being used for school-based events and activities, the conference centre is a leading location for business gatherings and networking events.
- The Arco, KCOM and Siemens Gamesa Digital Labs. These digital learning spaces are equipped with high-grade workstation computers with computer-aided design, 3D and Virtual Reality software, as well as virtualisation technology and 3D printers for students to create product prototypes. All three spaces have 75-inch interactive screens for display to large groups. The Siemens Gamesa lab is also equipped with the company’s industry-leading design software.
- A £360,000 Virtual Reality Suite, sponsored by Greenport Hull. The VR Suite comprises a range of immersive Kit including: a large high-resolution ActiveWall solution and tracking system able to present 3D to audiences of thirty; a range of Peripheral VR Devices (HMD, Active desk); a VR Welding Trainer; VR Software to convert CAD models.
- The RB and Spencer Group Innovation Zones. Both zones are created around the concept of a “design office” and are the spaces where projects and ideas come to life. They feature thirty hot-desk working areas within a large central area for independent study, as well as five glass-walled breakout rooms for project-based learning, each with a 55-inch interactive screen.
- Three high-spec Mechatronics Workshops and two industry standard Engineering Workshops.
- Two business Boardrooms where staff and students hold business meetings and give presentations.
- An Orsted Library where students engage in research, independent study, reading groups and meet their Business Mentors.
- An enormous Server Room which will power the school’s impressive technology and also be used as a teaching facility.